The Inaugural Game – 2007
Don’t Mess With Texas Challenge: Texas vs. the Nation
Friday, February 2, 2007
Players Signed: 79 out of 108 (73%)
- On Friday, February 2, 2007, the inaugural Texas vs. the Nation game kicked-off in close to freezing weather.
- Attendance broke the record for first year all-star games with 21,548 fans in the stands.
- Team Nation, coached by Buddy Ryan, defeated Team Texas and Mike Price 24-20.
- The 79 players who signed NFL contracts broke the record for the highest number of NFL signees to come out of a first year all-star game.
- Ranked in the top 10 all-time record for signees in an all-star game
- 12 players were selected in the 2007 draft, including five 4th round picks
- Sponsors included presenting sponsor, Texas Department of Transportation and the Don’t Mess With Texas campaign, Southwest Airlines, City and County of El Paso, Painted Dunes, CSTV, Russell Athletics, Wilson Sporting Goods